Unsolved mysteries – not quite solved (part 2 of 3)
Here are images we know more about but are yet to be positively identified. If you can confirm or deny any of these locations please use the comment section at the end of this post.
1) Mangere Bridge, South Auckland?
Untitled, circa 1900. Muir & Moodie. Te Papa
2) Kaiteriteri area – Little Kaiteriteri?
Untitled (beach cove), circa 1965, New Zealand. National Publicity Studios. Purchased 2003. Te Papa
Street scene, circa 1875, Wairarapa. James Bragge. Te Papa
4) ‘Elvington’, Oamaru. Residence of the Maude family the property was named after Elvington in York where the family came from. On Maude Street or Awamoa Road?
’Elvington’, Oamaru, NZ, 1880s, Oamaru. R. Mahan & Co. Purchased 1999 with New Zealand Lottery Grants Board funds. Te Papa
5) Location of this villa in Rona Bay, Eastbourne?
Eastbourne Villa, 1921. Maker unknown. Gift of Margaret and John Christie, 1979. Te Papa
6) The house has possibilly now been burnt down but did it used to be on main road out of Te Kopuru near Dargaville?
New Zealand Historic Buildings: Dargaville, 1960 s – 1980 s, New Zealand. Brian Brake. Gift of Mr Raymond Wai-Man Lau, 2001. Te Papa
The earlier posts published last year were: Unsolved mysteries, Object unknown and Lost houses.