Yesterday morning at around 10.45am, Te Papa reached a milestone achievement of 20 million visitors since opening in 1998.
Congratulations to Eliza Jost, the 20,000,000th visitor to Te Papa.
Eliza, originally from Sydney, has been in Wellington for six years and performing as a ballerina with the Royal New Zealand Ballet.
“I’m overwhelmed!” beamed Eliza, “Thank you so much Te Papa”.
Eliza was presented with a prize pack, which includes
- TelstraClear vouchers to the value of $600 (inclusive of GST) that can be applied to any charges billed to a TelstraClear account.
- HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer
- Dinner at Monsoon Poon
- A weekend at Rydges Wellington
- Visa pressie card
- Te Papa Fun Pack, including Te Papa Press books, Te Papa Store Vouchers and a Friends of Te Papa Membership
- OurSpace Rides, free tickets for a year to Platinum Visa Gallery exhibitions and a Back of House Tour of your choice
Says Te Papa’s Chief Executive, Mike Houlihan, “This milestone confirms Te Papa’s status as the top tourist attraction in New Zealand”