After all this commotion, we are going to settle down a bit and give a series of lectures at Te Papa in Wellington. More visitor information.
These lectures are taking place in our Soundings Theatre, Level 2, free entry. They will be retransmitted live to the Marae too (except for Science Express).
- 11am–12 noon: Kat Bolstad: Big Suckers: Giant Squid Research in New Zealand
- 12.30–1.30pm: Peter Batson: Here Be Monsters … A Dark Journey to the Ocean Underworld
- 2pm–3pm: Dr Eric Warrant: The Weird and Wonderful Eyes of Animals Who Live in the Dark and the Deep Sea
- 3.30pm–4.30pm: Dr Steve O’Shea: Squid: Small, Giant, and Colossal
- 5pm–6pm: Dr Tsunemi Kubodera: The Search for Giant Squid in Japanese Waters
- 6.30pm–8pm: Science Express – Colossal Squid – The Dissection (Espresso bar)
These lectures are being filmed and will be available from our website as soon as we can.
Another series of lectures is schedule for tomorrow too. Tomorrow’s programme.
The Science Express will only feature audio and be part of our podcasts programme: http://www.tepapa.govt.nz/TePapa/English/WhatsOn/Events/Podcasts/
11.37 am (NZ time): Webcast will stop at 1pm this afternoon.